Saturday 16 June 2007

Time out from being a mum...


I enjoyed a sleep in after Sienna's first feed of the day. On Saturday's AJ becomes Mr Mum and takes care of all of Sienna's needs - except for the breastfeeding bit. AJ loves it, Sienna loves being with her Dad...and I adore being in bed.

After my luxurious sleep in a got myself dressed, kissed my loves goodbye for the afternoon and met Mattena for lunch in Croydon. It was wonderful to enjoy adult conversation, good food and company. We came across a Moroccan style cafe called Kofi Beans where I was treated to coffee and cake which we enjoyed in gorgeous "vintage" (AKA op shop finds) red velvet armchairs.

Mattena sent me home with some soup to make sure I had something quick and easy to enjoy for lunch during the week. She's always looking after me. I returned home to find two tired people - one in need of a feed and a sleep - and probably the same for AJ too! But they were both in one piece and had smiles on their faces so perhaps I can do this more often.

No comments: