Sunday 24 June 2007

It's just Peter and Mattena...

We had Peter & Mattena for lunch today. It was so easy because...apart from the fact that I was half delirious from the night before...I didn't run around cleaning the house, preparing food to within an inch of my life and slapping on some lippy as our guests walk towards our front door. You see it was just Peter & Mattena coming. It sounds rude but it really is a huge compliment to them. They are such good friends that they can come over on a Sunday afternoon for a simple lunch, some delirious conversation (on my part - so they kept telling me) and some lounging on the lounges. So that's what we did, and I enjoyed it.

Unfortunately Sienna didn't have quite as good a day. She vomitted in her sleep and wasn't feeling well in the tummy for most of the day. Poor little thing. We had pureed apricot everywhere which AJ cleaned up, bathed Sienna and gave her back to me all clean and smelling good. While he did that I panicked that our child was seriously ill and tried not to burst into tears in front of our guests. They are good friends, but I don't usually wail in front of anyone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your husband is such a gem!

Don't panic about the vomit though, Angus has a particularly weak tummy, as soon as something doesn't sit quite right... up it comes! usually on me.

On the up side, Sienna won't have a tummy ache for long as she will get rid of what is bothering her ;)