Thursday 28 June 2007

Impeccable timing

Another gift that our daughter possesses is that of impeccable timing. I've noticed it from birth and it never ceases to amaze me that she has it. It usually only affects me and that's because whenever I sit down to a meal Sienna will usually wake up, or cry, or display any other range of behaviours that require my immediate attention and consequently...a cold meal eventuates.

Last night mum joined us for dinner. I was pottering around after serving her with a warm chicken curry & rice dish and a cool glass of sauv blanc, and when I eventually sat down to start my meal guess who wakes up after having been down for the night 1 hour earlier? Cheeky minx. It appears Sienna didn't want to miss out on anything. Nonna and Daddy are home? Forget sleep, I want to be part of the fun too! And so it was meal number 159-ish that went cold for moi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) it's a talent that all little ones seem to be born with. My first warm meal was when Daisy started to eat finger foods. She is too busy putting her food into her mouth to interrupt me now.

Have you noticed that Sienna has the same talent once you have made yourself a cup of tea?