Friday 24 August 2007

It's my party & I'll cry if I want to

Today is my birthday and it would appear that Sienna is either one of two things... A) So excited that it's my birthday that she wanted to celebrate immediately and so woke at 1am, 3.30am, 5am and 7.30am OR B) No one told her it's my birthday and that I deserve at least a good nights sleep!

So it was a tired and grumpy start to my 31st birthday with a happy and exited Sienna greeting me in her cot this morning. However because of the lack of sleep she got last night she dissolved into a grumpy bub this afternoon and as I tried in vain to tidy my house and prepare "nibbles" for the family and few friends that came to celebrate with me, Sienna decided that the happiest she could be was grizzling in my arms.

By the time my guests arrived I was ready to call the whole thing off and fall into bed in a teary heap, but Sienna was all smiles and sunshine for everyone and went off to sleep like a dream at 8pm. I then enjoyed 2 sparkling shiraz in quick succession and before I knew it I was actually having a good time. Happy birthday to me!

No comments: