Monday 2 July 2007

Play time...tapping into my imagination


We met up with Cath, Finn & Amelie this cold morning for a walk and a play on the play equipment. Ok, it was mostly a play on the play equipment for Finn, but Cath and I both had a tinker on the play equipment...purely for Finn's enjoyment of course.

I scaled walls, slid down poles, pushed swings, crawled through holes I wasn't sure I'd fit through, steered "pirate" ships, see-sawed and basically had as much fun as Finn on the equipment I could get on. We made up an imaginary world - mostly authored by Finn - of pirates and dolphins and special dinner orders of McDonalds which he kindly climbed up to the "princess tower" and got for us. Cath played the dutiful damsel in distress caught in a tower which Finn rode his horse up to rescue her. We were the pawns in his imaginary world and it was wonderful.

I had an insight into the imagination of a 4 year old and for once I was excited for Sienna to grow up and share her world with me on the play equipment. It's much more fun that way.

No comments: