Tuesday 1 July 2008

The sound of silence


During a play date with my dear friend Jo, we were enjoying ourselves, talking animatedly - when we suddenly noticed the silence. Where minutes before the kids could be heard playing on the deck, now there was just the sound of our own voices. The deck was silent.

Our eyes locked in horror because we knew this could only mean one thing. They were up to something.

Poor Jo has a vegie patch that's struggling to get up and running with two curious toddlers. Add Sienna, a wheel barrow with rain water at the bottom and a garden bed to the mix...and we have a mud party.

Jo just laughed. I laughed eventually after getting over the sight of my grotty daughter and wondering how I was going to get her home without a change of clothes in my bag.

Then we got our cameras. Sienna was the only one this messy. Angus and Daisy have learned to play without the mess. Happy days.

No comments: