Wednesday 16 July 2008

Lovin' her curls


I've never had curls. Only the type my mum would create with hot rollers or the soft ones you'd wear overnight. It was a big ordeal to get my hair to curl...and then after 30 minutes in the outside air, we'd be back to square one. Dead. Straight.

I chased the idea of soft curls in my hair for many years. I remember when I was 12 the spiral curl perm was in fashion. I had it done and was most disappointed with the results...it looked like I had slept with plaits in my hair. Not a spiral curl in sight.

A week later they tried again. Yes, two perms in one week - oh the split ends! Again, not one spiral curl. And so my hair was diagnosed as "unpermable" if that is a word I can make up for this story.

So you can imagine my delight to see that my little girl has inherited a gorgeous soft curl from her Daddy. I enjoy them so much. Adorable.

No comments: