Wednesday 28 November 2007

Things on benches

If you take a look around my house at the moment you'll see copious amounts of bits and pieces piled on our bench tops. While AJ will attest to my tendency for messiness (not by normal standards, but apparently so for the more "retentive" of us), I am not usually keen on filling all available bench space with junk.

At the moment, this is our life. The "junk" on the benches is not really junk, it's just stuff that used to be on the floor that I have put on a bench until I can work out a new home for such items as bathroom bins, toilet brushes and holders, pot plants, ornaments, books etc, etc, etc.

Needless to say, Sienna is thriving and zooming around the house at a frightening pace. I am thinking of putting a bell on her because last week when I left her happily playing amongst my shoes in the wardrobe I went to put on my make-up (2m from where she was). As I concentrated on the important task of applying mascara I noticed that the sound of shoes being moved had subsided and a different, unidentified noise had replaced it...and it had moved to the en suite. I walked into the en suite for find our little love playing happily on the floor with the toilet brush. Argh!!!! She had swanned straight passed me and I didn't even hear her.

So at the moment it's things on benches until I find new places to put them.

No comments: