Friday 23 November 2007

Introducing Felix


In the 6 months that I've been blogging about our family I have neglected to mention one of our members...introducing Felix the cat. Not original but I love the name Felix and AJ would never agree to letting one of our future children have the name so our cat was blessed with it.

I guess neglecting to mention him thus far is a fairly accurate metaphor for his life of late. Since the introduction of Sienna he has been quite unpredictable and crabby so I think he picks up on my anxious energy when he's around her and keeps away. Having said that, we have made every effort to include him in our recently extended family - especially AJ. And I think as the months pass he's forgiving us for having a human child and finding his place on our laps again and allowing us both to enjoy a pat as we pass eachother.

We love our furry son and are even getting used to the copious amounts of scratches that appear weekly on our chocolate brown leather couches. Ah cats...

No comments: