Saturday 9 February 2008

Romantic getaway...



AJ and I enjoyed our first night away together since having Sienna. I was in major control freak mode ensuring that I'd anticipated Sienna's every need over the next 24 hours and provided for them. Her dinner was prepared, her breakfast was ready, snacks organised, general daily menu summarised for my mum's ease, post it notes on Tupperware containers in the fridge with what meal it is and how long it needs to be microwaved. Quite appalling how controlling it all was...but handing my baby girl over to someone else to care for her in my absence (even my own mother) was a bit of a wrench.

Fast forward to our arrival at Chateau Yering and all was nearly forgotten. The best suite in the place, Shiraz and aperitifs on arrival, the best table at Eleanore's restaurant, an extra entree to enjoy courtesy of the chef (his current favourite dish), dessert brought to our room after dinner. Biggest balcony and best view of the place (so we were told...and we believed them!). All this because AJ knew one of the families that owns the Chateau and I knew the Head Chef at Eleanore's restaurant - Mathew Macartney. Yay for us!!!

In short: we came, we ate, we drank, we made eye contact during conversations...we actually had conversations, we cuddled, we left. We loved it. Highly recommend the venue for anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

No comments: