Thursday 7 February 2008

The Play centre


Today we ventured out to our first ever play centre. Hmmmm. Not sure about these places. Being a first time mum I naively thought it's a fun place where parents and kids play. You know at the "Play Centre". No. It's where children play and parents sit back on their butts drinking latte's and hot chips while I pull unsupervised 2 and 3 year olds off my child.

It took about 4 repeats of this sentence "I know you like her, but please don't drag her along by her arm. She can't walk yet" (picture Sienna lying on the floor with her arm up in the air...attached to a 2-ish year old) before a mother appeared - seemingly out of nowhere. Once we established that she doesn't mind me telling her child off when I become uncomfortable with what she's doing to mine ("She thinks your baby is her doll" - Aargh!), the mother left again, swallowed up by the sea of other mothers sitting at tables chatting animatedly.

Sienna had a ball. We both left the place a bit sweaty from all of the activity. I was less impressed.

No comments: