Tuesday 1 January 2008

A new year


Happy new year.

A whole new year.

I'm not really one for resolutions. I usually hope to look back on the year that's passed and feel proud of at least one thing. It's going to be hard to top last year's achievement - bringing new life into the world.

Perhaps this year I'll scale it down to the little things. How about:
Living simply.
Learning to say no.
Making time for things that make me smile.
Figuring out exactly what those things are.
Caring for myself before others (!) so I am better equipped to care for them.
Getting comfortable in my own skin.
Revealing a little more of myself to those that matter to me.

This list is getting long. And I'm starting to scare myself with what my fingers are typing. I'll start at the top of the list and see where it leads. Hopefully to a place I love a little bit more than where I started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Julia,

How lucky we are to have you in our lives.. its so nice to log onto this blog and read and see your family life unfold into all the special times your experiencing.

Thanks you for sharing your feelings and insights, you just get better by the day (and I didnt even know that was possible!)

Much love my gorgeous sister!

xoox